An overview –
We’re growing, again 👊🏻
This time we’re looking for an incredible Instructional Designer. And not just anyone – someone that can carry the title of Lead Instructional Designer 🚀🚀
We’re looking for someone that knows what good looks like (and what it doesn’t look like), understands the e-learning development process and can get straight to work within a high paced, dynamic, incredibly capable team.
Day-to-day you’ll be designing eye-catching content, honing your scripting skills, working alongside our Creative Team Lead to balance workload and keeping clients up-to-date with project status.
While this role will primarily involve e-learning creation for within the safety-critical sector (energy, rail, construction etc…) it will also grow in other areas and inevitably involve (as the title suggests) leading the Instructional Design team as we look to scale our in-house capability in-line with projected business growth and secured workload.
In a nutshell – we’re a small (ish) highly efficient, growing and capable team. We’re looking for someone to step in and make an instant impact…solutions not problems and all of that…
The essential skills
- Vast experience in the creation of e-learning (scripting, production etc…) within the commercial/private sector!
- Advanced capability using e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline.
- Has great knowledge of graphic design and content layout fundamentals – clean and user focused design.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative suite.
- Experience creating 2D vector style motion graphic animations.
- A great attention to detail – the ability to spot a missing comma or badly aligned image a mile off.
- Creative mindset with a passion for exploring innovative approaches to engage learners – not just text on screen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working alongside subject matter experts.
- Good time management skills – experience working to a tight (but just about realistic) deadline.
- Friendly, honest, a sense of humour and approachable.
- Willing and happy to get involved with other reasonable aspects of the business when required.
Nice to have bits…
- Video editing – working with high res footage, editing and adding titles/motion graphics.
- Experience working in 3D software.
- Audio editing skills.
- Appreciates the digital translation process.
- Familiar with Learning Management Systems.
- Has experience within the oil and gas sector.
- Understands social media, mainly LinkedIn and Instagram.
The ideal person must also be able to honestly say they…
- are honest and trustworthy.
- are a good communicator (in person and via Zoom / Teams).
- are a good listener.
- are well organized.
- are a fast worker.
- are self-motivated.
- are ambitious.
- are punctual (we can’t stand lateness).
- can use common sense and work independently.
- have a good sense of humour.
- hold a full pilot’s licence.
- enjoys market food.
We’re paying a competitive salary for this position. The salary will be largely based on the right person combined with their capability and experience and will be discussed more with the eligible candidates.
This is a 40 hour a week job, based on an 8 hour day and is largely home based. When you work the hours is up to you, however we do have core business working hours of between 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday. The holiday allowance is set at 22 days, + 8 bank holidays – which you can use at your discretion.
This position, like all positions at Reuzer comes with full private health insurance including optical, dental, and auditory cover.
If this sounds like you, please share your showreel/samples of your content and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line reading ‘Lead Instructional Designer’.
Closing date for applications is Monday 31st July 2023.
Thanks, and good luck 👍🏻
PS – while we endeavour to respond to all applicants quickly, the sheer volume of respondents can make it difficult to respond in a timely manner – for which we apologise.